Cost of CT Scan Abdomen/Pelvis
Search below to compare the cost of CT scan abdomen/pelvis near you.
The cost of a CT scan of the abdomen depends on a number of factors.
- Is the CT scan just the abdomen or abdomen and pelvis? CT scan of abdomen and pelvis is much more commonly performed.
- Will contrast be used?
- If contrast is used, will they do a CT scan before and after the contrast?
- Most importantly, what is the price the individual provider charges?
It is important to keep in mind that the charges you see for a CT scan may be for:
- The technical component (performing the CT scan)
- The professional component (a physician interpreting the CT scan)
- The global component (both the technical and professional component together).
In the search above, the “Medicare price” will be higher for the global charge (both technical and professional fee) and lower when a provider is charging just the individual technical or professional component. The price evaluation next to the price tag standardizes the cost to the market value so whether the charge is technical, professional or global, our evaluation analyzes and rates the price appropriately.
Average, lowest and highest price tags in the country
|Type of CT Scan||Number of Providers||Average Cost||Lowest Price Tag||Highest Price Tag|
|74150 – CT scan abdomen||1,862||$333.99||$50.04||$3,500.00|
|74160 – CT scan abdomen with contrast||3,409||$341.41||$54.64||$3,268.00|
|74170 – CT scan abdomen before and after contrast||2,585||$524.91||$58.65||$4,428.50|
|74176 – CT scan of abdomen and pelvis||25,386||$467.33||$56.35||$6,230.57|
|74177 – CT scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast||25,828||$551.35||$70.31||$7,000.00|
|74178 – CT scan of abdomen and pelvis before and after contrast||14,785||$715.25||$83.02||$7,837.64|