Cost of Colonoscopy
Search below to compare the cost of colonoscopy near you.
The cost of colonoscopy depends on a number of factors.
- Is it a diagnostic (patient has symptoms) or screening colonoscopy (patient does not have symptoms). The price is usually similar no matter if the intent was diagnostic or screening.
- For a screening colonoscopy, is the patient at high risk (patient has family or personal history of polyps) or is the patient not at high risk (no history of polyps)
- Was a biopsy performed? The cost is higher if a biopsy is performed, also, you have the added pathology charge of evaluating the biopsy.
- Was a polyp removed? The cost is higher if a polyp was removed. Also, you have the added pathology cost of evaluating the biopsy.
- Most importantly, what is the price the individual provider charges?
It is important to keep in mind that the charges for pathology examination of the colon or polyp may be for:
- The technical component (processing the biopsy or tissue)
- The professional component (a pathologist interpreting the biopsy)
- The global component (both the technical and professional component together).
In the search above, the “Medicare price” will be higher for the global charge (both technical and professional fee) and lower when a provider is charging just the individual technical or professional component. The price evaluation next to the price tag standardizes the cost to the market value so whether the charge is technical, professional or global, our evaluation analyzes and rates the price appropriately.
Colonoscopy average, lowest and highest price tags in the country
|Colonoscopy Procedure||Number of Providers||Average Cost||Lowest Price Tag||Highest Price Tag|
|45378 – Diagnostic examination of large bowel using an endoscope||14,461||$1,038.49||$149.88||$16,800.00|
|45380 – Biopsy of large bowel using an endoscope||16,256||$1,180.95||$96.57||$19,061.76|
|45385 – Removal of polyps or growths of large bowel using an endoscope||14,737||$1,354.00||$172.78||$21,250.00|
|G0121 – Colorectal cancer screening; colonoscopy on individual not meeting criteria for high risk||9,327||$1,042.10||$30.00||$16,800.00|
|G0105 – Colorectal cancer screening; colonoscopy on individual at high risk||7,605||$1,055.17||$125.00||$14,800.00|